I went to lunch by myself last week at Bar Lobo, I was going to order a salad and an omelet but then this women sitting next to me ordered the Spanish Tomatoes and from a distance they looked good. So last minute I changed my mind and went with the Spanish Tomatoes and a glass of Rioja. As I waited for my food I wrote in my journal and took in the restaurant. The restaurant was really cool, very industrial, yet inviting and slightly shabby with mix and match wooden chairs and tables, some communal and some two and four tops. There was a lot of metal, and black and white with the natural wood elements. One wall was plastered with band posters and the lighting was really interesting. There were two very large industrial lights hanging over a large community table, as well as big, white, round paper lanterns and these really neat lights made out of old atlases.
Spanish Tomatoes
By the time I was done taking in my surroundings my food arrived, one heirloom tomato half topped with mozzarella and olive oil, another with olive oil and green olives, an incredibly red tomato with an olive mixture, and a large tomato with some type of herbed olive oil. It was alright, could have used some salt, but I probably should have stuck with my original order, or at least ordered a second dish because after my plate was cleared away and I went back to writing in my journal and finishing my wine I realized I was sort of buzzed. I woke up early that day, ate an orange and a yogurt and then didn't eat anything until those tomatoes at 5, whoops.
Well I paid my bill, got on the metro home and then took a nap, what a great afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment