Monday, February 15, 2010

Dinner Guests

A few random things-
  • I think I bought scented tissues today, FML
  • My sinus infection is gone.
  • I forgot to tell you all that I had a taste of Spanish Flan from an actual restaurant while I was in Tarragona and it's not so bad, actually kind of tasty. Thank you Linda!
  • I've been getting my fitness on at the gym a few times a week and let me tell you, I've never seen so much old lady cash and prizes in my life. European locker rooms are interesting places. 
  • My post on my trip to Paris is coming shortly... sorry it's taking so long.
  • I have switched rooms with Amy, Gina and I are roommates now. Gina and I are close and her and Amy were having problems so rather then Gina move out, I switched. 
Tonight Gina's parents came over for wine and tapas in the salon and then chocolates and cava (a Spanish sparkling wine produced in different parts of Calalonia). I really enjoyed myself, we chatted with Senora, which she dumbed down her spanish a bit thinking Gina's parents might catch a phrase or two, which helped me a lot also. Normally she talks to fast for me to keep up, but tonight I could understand most of what she said and was even helping Gina translate, her parents don't speak any spanish. Senora was really on her game with the giggling, it was very cute and Gina's parents got to see her at her best. She kept serving more wine and more cava and giggling about it. She made a typical tortilla with potato, and another with spinach, melon with ham, pan con tomate, and there were olives, and cheese and crackers, it was all really delicious. 

I think Gina's parents had a good time, they were laughing a lot and the conversation was good. It makes me wish my parents were here. Senora made me promise that my parents would come over when they are here in April, yes mom and dad you are invited to a gathering in the salon also haha. Although conversation might be a little easier since mom speaks spanish.

It was a great night, and when I told Senora I had fun, she hugged and kissed me for what seemed like five minutes, I think she enjoyed herself also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment