On Monday it snowed, a lot. My Spanish teacher told me she has never seen snow here in March before. It is freezing, while I hear it is almost 70 in Washington, DC--go figure! Camilla, my creative travel writing and food culture teacher told us she's been in Barcelona for 12 years and has only seen snow three times, and only in December, so as you probably can tell, it was a big deal.
The flakes were huge, my jacket was covered in giant white snowflakes when I headed to the metro after class. Kids were running all over Placa Catalunya, lots of camera phones snapping shots of the Placa, cars honking, the streets filled with slush, and complete confusion. It was nice to see everyones large eyes outside and smiles since it doesn't snow very often. Although I am ready for summer, the snow still made me smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment